- 8 oz. cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs white wine, rice, white balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the cabbage, carrot and tomato in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients, then pour the dressing over the veggies. Toss well, and allow to stand, refrigerated, for at least 15 minutes. Toss again and serve.
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbs. coarse Kosher salt
Toss the shredded cabbage and salt together. Place in a 1-gallon Ziplock bag. Press the air out as much as possible as you seal it up. Each day, as liquid forms, press out more air. The cabbage should always be completely immersed in liquid. Allow to stand in a cool, dark place for two to three weeks. Transfer to the refrigerator for storage.