- Weigh out 1 ounce of dried herb of your choice. Place it in a 1-quart canning jar.
- Fill the jar with boiling water. Cover.
- Allow to steep at least 4 hours or overnight, if that’s more convenient.
- Strain the liquid into another container, pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- Dispose of the spent plant material outside in the garden or under shrubs where it can return to the soil. If you compost, this will be a great addition.
- Drink 1 to 2 cups of your infusion each day and watch your health improve.
Note: If your chosen herb is chamomile flowers, don’t steep longer than 30 minutes.
For more information, check out Susun Weed’s book, Healing Wise.